Yoga and meditation are beautiful practices that can help you to achieve balance in mind, body, and spirit. They are an important part of any spiritual journey, no matter where you are on your path.
Resources below include not only yoga and meditation techniques, but also articles on their scientific benefits.
To learn to meditate:
- Introduction to meditation technique for beginners, including often missed instructions on the importance of posture and the use of a mantra to help concentration.
- Instructional Meditation Videos: The Gift of Inner Peace
Learn A Simple Meditation Technique:
How to Sit for Meditation:
- 10 Second Visualizations by Ananda.org
- Nature Meditation by Joseph Cornell, author of Sharing Nature with Children
- Cures for Most Common Meditation Problems
- Effects of meditation by the UC Davis Shambhala Center
- Studies by the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center
- Clinically Proven Benefits of Meditation
Recommended Yoga Resources:
- An article on the scientifically proven benefits of yoga.
- Ananda Yoga: a unique branch of spiritual yoga that uses positive affirmations to benefit both the body and mind and prepare one’s energy for meditation.
On increasing vitality, mental awareness, and self-healing through yoga:
Philosophy (Readings & Video):
- Living Meditation, Living Insight, The Path of Mindfulness in Daily Life, by Dr. Thynn Thynn
- Intuitive Awareness by Amaravati
- Ask Me About Truth Series by Swami Kriyananda of Ananda.
More clips on the Essence of the Bhagavad Gita by Swami Kriyananda