Many teachers speak of the importance of what we feed our mind, not only our body. This includes the books that we read, the movies we watch, the television we are exposed to, basically news and media as a whole.
Here is an experiment that is worth trying, practice feeding your mind only uplifting movies and books for ONE WEEK. After this one week, see if you are beginning to feel less anxiety, less anger, more self worth, and if you have begun to think more positively. To help you get started, here is a list (and and some links) of the best spiritual movies I have found, that are not only wonderful to watch, but also inspirational and uplifting.
- Life of Pie
- What the Bleep Do We Know?
- The Hiding Place
- Conversations with God
- Finding Happiness (see our review article, watch the movie below)
- Jodhaa Akbar (English subtitles)
- St. Padre Pio Miracle Man
- The Song of Bernadette (1943 version)
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- The Miracle of Marcelino
- Saint Peter
- Mother Teresa of Calcultta
- Documentary of Anandamayi Ma
- Compilation of clips of Anandamayi Ma
- The Mahabarata (the 1989 film by Peter Brooks)
- Big Miracle
- The Reluctant Saint
- Wings of Migration
- Sant Dnyaneshwar
- Sant Kabeer
- Little Buddha
- Saint Giuseppe Moscati: Doctor to the Poor
- I Am
- The Answer
Add your favorite spiritual or uplifting movie to the list in the comments below.