The energization exercises were developed by Paramhansa Yogananda in the 1920s as the Yogoda System. The Yogoda system is part of the path of kriya yoga that Yogananda brought to the west from India. Yogoda means that system which imparts harmony and equilibrium to all the forces and faculties working for the perfection of body, mind, and soul.
The following benefits of energization exercises are listed in the book, How to Achieve Glowing Health and Vitality. The practice of energization exercises:
- resurrects dying tissue cells and worn our mental faculties,
- helps form billions of new cells,
- proportionately forms the various tissues (bone, muscle, connective, nerve, and adipose),
- will be found to be the surest and most effective remedy for bodily diseases and inharmonious conditions of the mind (depression, anxiety, etc.),
- healing balm for nervous abnormalities, stomach, and abdominal troubles,
- cures constipation and quickens secretions of the liver and pancreas (cleansing and purifying),
- circulation, respiration, digestion, and all other involuntary processes of the body are harmonized and invigorated,
- cures headaches, gout, and rheumatism by regulating the circulation,
- eliminates colds and bronchitis by properly exercising the air cells,
- brain power and memory are increased through greater blood supply,
- raises general vitality and insures greater longevity,
- helps one detach from the scattered attention from the senses and restless habits, and concentrate on one thing at a time,
- develops tissue strength and nerve vigor,
- and clarifies the mind.
It cultivates the strength of muscle and all the important nerves and tissues of the vital organs, and strengthens the willpower.
Learn the energization exercises to begin this new and vivifying practice!