Affirmations can be used in any or all facets of our life: to attract financial success, to achieve glowing health and vitality, to find love… And the reason they have gained so much attention in the past decade is because word has spread that using affirmations really works! You just have make the conscious decision to create a happier life.
“Become a cause and not an effect of whatever happens in your life.”–J. Donald Walters
The universe is made up of intelligent consciousness. This consciousness manifests in the form of energy. Science tells us that matter (the physical world) is a manifestation of energy. Thus matter is based essentially in thought. To change your thoughts, you must change your energy. To change your energy, you must have willpower and determination.
“The greater the will, the greater the flow of energy. The greater the flow of energy, the greater the magnetism.” — Paramhansa Yogananda
The extent of your willpower and positivity is what determines the force of your magnetism. If you are determined to attract something or to make some change in your life, this intention actually creates a magnetic field from which you can attract new experiences, change current circumstances, or develop healthier habits.
There is infinite energy in the universe that you can draw upon to magnetize and attract positive changes.
The Importance of Changing Your Energy:
Positive changes come from positive energy. When you hold on to negative attitudes or perceptions of the world, you tend to attract further negativity. If instead, you seek to find the positive and beautiful aspects of all things and events, you will begin to attract positive experiences in your life.
The seeds of thought that we continue to water are the ones that continue to gain strength and to grow.
“By strongly and deliberately affirming positive qualities, with full awareness and with deep concentration, one can undo even in a few minutes the negative effects of a lifetime!” – The Art & Science of Raja Yoga by Swami Kriyananda
Replace old ways of thinking with new ways that support positive change and growth. Let go of resistance and be open and receptive to a better way of life.
How to Make a Strong Affirmation:
- A good affirmation is personal, positive, present tense, visual, and experiential. For example, instead of saying, “I will not get angry,” positively energize it with an affirmation like, “I am patient, calm, and centered in all that I do.”
- It helps to write down the affirmation after it is created. This process brings the conscious and subconscious minds together, and puts things into clarity.
- Practice new affirmations step by step. Start by focusing on changes that you feel confident you will succeed in making, then gradually increase in difficulty.
- Do your affirmations upon waking and before bed to allow them to penetrate more deeply into the subconscious. Also, if you meditate, bring them into meditation when your subconscious is more open to letting in positive changes.
Repeat your affirmation at first loudly to command conscious attention, then more softly, bringing it into deeper into the subconscious, then repeat in a whisper, and then repeat it mentally, absorbing it fully.
- Don’t be too specific in what you hope to attract in life. Instead, be open to the gifts of the universe and be free spirited in how to get there. Visualize the desired outcome and making progress toward your goals, but let the universe take care of the details.
Our Favorite Affirmations:
Affirmation for Gratitude: “I am Grateful for my life, exactly as it is. I am thankful for this day, I welcome every hour. Thank you God! Thank you God!” –Nayaswami Jyotish
Daily Affirmation upon waking: “Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.” –Thich Nhat Han
Affirmation for Will Power: “Within me lies the energy to accomplish all that I will to do. Behind my every act is God’s infinite power.” –Swami Kriyananda
Affirmation for Self-Acceptance: “I love and accept myself exactly as I am. I am a pure child of Light.” –Ashram Girl
Daily affirmation: “Every day I am happy, healthy, wealthy, healed, loved, and free!” –Ashram Girl
Affirmation for Happiness: “I vow from today onwards to be happy under every circumstance. I came from God’s joy. I am joy!” –J. Donald Walters
Affirmation for Success: “I leave behind me both my failures and accomplishments. What I do today will create a new and better future, filled with inner joy.” –J. Donald Walters
Sources for this Article:
- Affirmations for Self-Healing by J. Donald Walters
- Heal Your Body by Louise L. Hay
- The Art & Science of Raja Yoga by Swami Kriyananda
- The Light of the Christ Within by Reverend John Lawrence
- Money Magnetism: How to Attract What You Need When You Need It by Swami Kriyananda